We get many sayings from The Good Book. Here are some of the most common:
- See the writing on the wall. (Daniel 5:5-6; to be warned of something detrimental)
- Forbidden fruit (Genesis 2:16-17; something that’s more appealing because you can’t have it.)
- Land of milk and honey (Exodus 3:8; paradise)
- Apple of my eye (Deuteronomy 32:10; adored one)
- Bite the dust. (Psalms 72:9; death, as in we return to the dust, upon death)
- For everything, there is a season. (Eccelesiates 3:1; you can’t force something to happen if it’s not time.)
- Cross to bear (Matthew 16:24; personal hardship)
- The eleventh hour (Matthew 20:6; the moment before it’s too late, just in time)
- The powers that be (Romans 13:11; authority figures)
What’s your favorite? Or would you like to share more? Please do!
I’m pleased to announce the release of my 8th book, Skoll’s Diary.
Africans and African Americans left Earth in 1900, and went to another planet in The Milky Way to escape mistreatment…
It’s now the year 3005 on that terraformed planet. We get a peek into the life of a bright and sensitive teenaged boy, Skoll, through his journal. He loves his world, but is curious about life on Earth. Then suddenly, an epic event casts him in the middle of a difficult decision. The fate of the planet’s community is in his hands.
Get the book here. I’d appreciate your leaving a review if you read it. Thanks in advance!